Skip to main content

Gift Idea #1, Holiday Aprons!

I am trying to get ready for the holiday season. I have found some awesome crafty gifts for this year. My plan is to make them and post the ideas for you. As I go through my Christmas list teacher gifts were my first to complete. Since, I have a 6 year old who is in a class that has a teacher, student teacher, teacher assistant and not to mention the 7 enhancement teachers (me included). I needed a quick pattern that made a lot in a short amount of time. I found a wonderful apron tutorial at Fabritopia it is called Apron in an hour! Even though they are not all bakers I am sure that these will be a huge hit!
I had 7.5 yards of Funky Christmas fabric from Micheal Miller's Christmas collection. 7.5 Yards makes 10 Aprons!!! This little ball of scraps is all that was left after cutting and dividing up the fabric. That was my favorite part.
I hope you give this tutorial a try!

Comments

Kelly O. said…
I love that you posted the scrappy ball! the aprons are smashing!
Country Mouse said…
Those aprons are adorable!! Sure to be a very welcoming gift!!! Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

May 2011 Giveaway!

Thank you Sew Mama Sew for making today, May 23, 2011 Giveaway Day! Sew Love Fabrics will be sponsoring this month’s giveaway with eight fat quarters (18”X 22”) of Prince Charming prints in olive green, equaling 2 yards of gorgeous fabrics! If you would like to read more about Ruth, founder of Sew Love Fabrics , read her interview . Thank you so much for sharing your love of fabric with us! These are the fat quarters ready to ship to the lucky winner!! Giveaway Rules! +Our Giveaway will run May 23-27, 2011, with the winner being announced May 28, 2011! +The winner will be selected by Random.org +The package will be shipped to the winner by May 30, 2011. + To enter to win post a comment on this blog post! +Only one comment please per person. +This giveaway is open to everyone. +Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS, you can leave it as: leah(dot)sewspoiled(at)gamil(dot)com +This giveaway ends May 27, 2011 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time Thank you Ruth for sponsoring our May giveaway from Sew Love ...

Sweet Coin Purse Tutorial for Teacher Gifts

This time of year is so special to me because I get to show my gratitude for all of the hard work that goes into teaching my daughters. I love to make handmade gifts and this year is no exception. Since money does not grow on trees around here, I looked at my stash (I keep my scraps in hat boxes ) and tried to see what I had a lot of; small zippers, trims, Peltex strips ( from making iPad cases ), fabric scraps and some hardware for key fobs. So I set to work.  Materials: Plastic multipurpose 5" Zipper  Fabric Scraps Lightweight interfacing 808 Pellon Trims (We clipped  key fobs  with 1.5" swivel hooks onto our coin purses . There are tons of tutorials on making key fobs .) Step 1: Print out the Coin Purse Template  PDF.  Cut 2 main fabric, cut 2 lining and 2 interfacing using the template.  Optional: Cut a 2"X2" square of your choice main fabric or lining. This strip of fabric is used to clip a key fob to your coin purse later....

Sew Spoiled May Giveaway for 2 Patchwork Pincushions!!!!

Patchwork Pincushions Originally uploaded by Sew Spoiled I am starting a new May Giveaway along with my friends at Sew Mama Sew for both of these beautiful patchwork pincushions!!! That is right two giveaways!!! All you have to do is post a comment on this post to enter to win! This giveaway will run through midnight on May 31, 2009 with the winners being announced on June 1, 2009. The two winners will be chosen using Random.org. I will send it priority mail by June 3, 2009! I will ship internationally, so all friends are welcome. Summer is almost here!! Good luck and Happy Sewing!!!