Skip to main content

Spring Wardrobe Collection

This is a collection of clothes I have made for myself over the years but there is no rhyme or reason. This spring I would like to challenge myself and make a spring collection. With dresses, tops and bottoms all coordinating so they all can be mixed and matched together. What fabric collection would you choose if you where going to make your own spring wardrobe collection? I like different blues but I would also like to try new things. What patterns would you use? I complied this mosaic together to see what patterns I have used over the years.  This is good because I can see that I don't have a good pants/ capris pattern yet and I am in need of finding one.





































1. Coffee Date Dress, 2. Easter Dress, 3. Washi Front, 4. Washi Tunic with Tova Sleeves, 5. Denim Washi Dress, 6. Skirt (5), 7. Close up, New Skirt Simplicity 2211, 8. Skirt (2), 9. A Wrap Dress for me!, 10. Charlie Bag, 11. Colette Iris Shorts; http://sewspoiled.blogspot.com/2012/05/colette-iris-shorts-review.html, 12. Wiksten Tank, 13. Wiksten Tank Shirred, 14. New Sew Spoiled Tulip Blouse, Fabric Jo-Ann's by Leah, 15. Blossom Shirt, 16. Wiksten Tova Blouse, 17. Wiksten Tova Dress, 18. Finished!, 19. Porfolio Dress (1), 20. Bloomers, 21. Heather Bailey t-dress front, 22. T-Dress bow, 23. Schoolhouse tunic, 24. Amelia Shirt from froglegsandponytails, 25. PJ capris, 26. The Jacket, from Chic and Simple Sewing, 27. Afternoon tea jacket Pattern, 28. New Skirt close up, 29. Burda Swimsuit, 30. Shirred Mommy Dress
I have pinned tons of ides on Pinterest, I can't wait to get started. I think I will start with colors and fabrics first. Then choose the sewing patterns for my collection. Of course every great collection has accessories and I will be making some Sew Spoiled Goodness to go with my fun filled wardrobe. 
I could use some advice....
What fabrics/colors would you start with?
What pants/ capris sewing pattern would you recommend? (especially for petites?)
Thanks for your help!

Comments

twotoast said…
Oooh! You have some lovely 'springy' items already! Exciting times - I look forward to seeing your new wardrobe!

Popular posts from this blog

May 2011 Giveaway!

Thank you Sew Mama Sew for making today, May 23, 2011 Giveaway Day! Sew Love Fabrics will be sponsoring this month’s giveaway with eight fat quarters (18”X 22”) of Prince Charming prints in olive green, equaling 2 yards of gorgeous fabrics! If you would like to read more about Ruth, founder of Sew Love Fabrics , read her interview . Thank you so much for sharing your love of fabric with us! These are the fat quarters ready to ship to the lucky winner!! Giveaway Rules! +Our Giveaway will run May 23-27, 2011, with the winner being announced May 28, 2011! +The winner will be selected by Random.org +The package will be shipped to the winner by May 30, 2011. + To enter to win post a comment on this blog post! +Only one comment please per person. +This giveaway is open to everyone. +Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS, you can leave it as: leah(dot)sewspoiled(at)gamil(dot)com +This giveaway ends May 27, 2011 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time Thank you Ruth for sponsoring our May giveaway from Sew Love ...

Sweet Coin Purse Tutorial for Teacher Gifts

This time of year is so special to me because I get to show my gratitude for all of the hard work that goes into teaching my daughters. I love to make handmade gifts and this year is no exception. Since money does not grow on trees around here, I looked at my stash (I keep my scraps in hat boxes ) and tried to see what I had a lot of; small zippers, trims, Peltex strips ( from making iPad cases ), fabric scraps and some hardware for key fobs. So I set to work.  Materials: Plastic multipurpose 5" Zipper  Fabric Scraps Lightweight interfacing 808 Pellon Trims (We clipped  key fobs  with 1.5" swivel hooks onto our coin purses . There are tons of tutorials on making key fobs .) Step 1: Print out the Coin Purse Template  PDF.  Cut 2 main fabric, cut 2 lining and 2 interfacing using the template.  Optional: Cut a 2"X2" square of your choice main fabric or lining. This strip of fabric is used to clip a key fob to your coin purse later....

Sew Spoiled May Giveaway for 2 Patchwork Pincushions!!!!

Patchwork Pincushions Originally uploaded by Sew Spoiled I am starting a new May Giveaway along with my friends at Sew Mama Sew for both of these beautiful patchwork pincushions!!! That is right two giveaways!!! All you have to do is post a comment on this post to enter to win! This giveaway will run through midnight on May 31, 2009 with the winners being announced on June 1, 2009. The two winners will be chosen using Random.org. I will send it priority mail by June 3, 2009! I will ship internationally, so all friends are welcome. Summer is almost here!! Good luck and Happy Sewing!!!