Skip to main content

Starting a New Project

I recently bought the Minoru Jacket pattern from Sewaholic. I loved the look and with the season changing to fall the Minoru jacket looked perfect! I have never made a jacket from a pattern before I am hoping everything will work out. The Minoru Jacket also has two zippers to install, gathering and topstitching so it should be fun!
Over the weekend, I went to JoAnn's to buy fabric for my jacket but when I got to the counter the bolt was one yard short of what I needed. Aaaahhh! So I left and bought some fabric from online. Fingers crossed it will be the right kind for the outer shell. In the meantime I am copying the pattern templates for size 8. Sewaholic patterns are for pear shaped women and I had to draft the size 8 down to a size 4 in the hips because it would have been too large in the hips. I can't wait for my zippers, fabric and elastic to get here so I can start to cut and sew.
Sewaholic has already had a sew along for the Minor Jacket. I have been reading and drooling over everyone jackets and of course trying to pick up tips from other who have made the jacket with success.
Can't wait to start!

Comments