Friday, December 3, 2010

Silhouette on my Wish List?

My husband begs me to write a wish list every year. This year I going to try to make one. With making gifts and making sure everyones Holiday season special, it is hard to sitting down and write a list for me but it is a lot of fun too!
Screenshot2010-12-03at6.09.35AM-2010-12-3-06-00.png

There is one item that I do not know a lot about but I think it would be awesome to try it.
It is called the Silhouette! Have you heard about it??
It is a craft cutter! You can cut vinyl, card stock and more using this device and your computer.
If any of you know more about the Silhouette digital cutting machine please share.
I want to hear the good, bad and the ugly.
Screenshot2010-12-03at5.59.25AM-2010-12-3-06-00.png
This would be a big gift so I would hate to get it and not use it or not enjoy using it.
Please share what you know.
I really would appreciate any feedback!
6429E12C38E1D1A63D84EB0D937554A4-2010-12-3-06-00.png

3 comments:

The {G} Family said...

I can't believe nobody has commented on this yet! I was waiting to hear all these fabulous things! Anyway, I came back to tell you that I ordered one, and it's here, but I haven't had time to use it yet. However...I have grand dreams of her and I becoming bff's! :)

Sew Spoiled said...

I was hoping to receive a ton of feedback. I know everyone is busy this time of year. Please tell us about your first experience , The {G} Family! We would love to hear about you opening the box and your first try making something with the Silhouette!
Thanks!
Leah

Katie said...

I've had the silhouette for a year now, and I LOVE it! I'm a scrapper so I use it for cutting paper. Through a lot of trial and error, I can use it pretty efficiently now with different thicknesses of paper. Be patient. Vinyl and transfer paper will be a lot easier because it's a specific setting on the cutter - no guessing and checking. I recommend getting a subscription so you can download a bunch of designs. The new software update makes the silhouette much more user friendly.