Skip to main content

Silhouette on my Wish List?

My husband begs me to write a wish list every year. This year I going to try to make one. With making gifts and making sure everyones Holiday season special, it is hard to sitting down and write a list for me but it is a lot of fun too!
Screenshot2010-12-03at6.09.35AM-2010-12-3-06-00.png

There is one item that I do not know a lot about but I think it would be awesome to try it.
It is called the Silhouette! Have you heard about it??
It is a craft cutter! You can cut vinyl, card stock and more using this device and your computer.
If any of you know more about the Silhouette digital cutting machine please share.
I want to hear the good, bad and the ugly.
Screenshot2010-12-03at5.59.25AM-2010-12-3-06-00.png
This would be a big gift so I would hate to get it and not use it or not enjoy using it.
Please share what you know.
I really would appreciate any feedback!
6429E12C38E1D1A63D84EB0D937554A4-2010-12-3-06-00.png

Comments

The {G} Family said…
I can't believe nobody has commented on this yet! I was waiting to hear all these fabulous things! Anyway, I came back to tell you that I ordered one, and it's here, but I haven't had time to use it yet. However...I have grand dreams of her and I becoming bff's! :)
Sew Spoiled said…
I was hoping to receive a ton of feedback. I know everyone is busy this time of year. Please tell us about your first experience , The {G} Family! We would love to hear about you opening the box and your first try making something with the Silhouette!
Thanks!
Leah
I've had the silhouette for a year now, and I LOVE it! I'm a scrapper so I use it for cutting paper. Through a lot of trial and error, I can use it pretty efficiently now with different thicknesses of paper. Be patient. Vinyl and transfer paper will be a lot easier because it's a specific setting on the cutter - no guessing and checking. I recommend getting a subscription so you can download a bunch of designs. The new software update makes the silhouette much more user friendly.

Popular posts from this blog

May 2011 Giveaway!

Thank you Sew Mama Sew for making today, May 23, 2011 Giveaway Day! Sew Love Fabrics will be sponsoring this month’s giveaway with eight fat quarters (18”X 22”) of Prince Charming prints in olive green, equaling 2 yards of gorgeous fabrics! If you would like to read more about Ruth, founder of Sew Love Fabrics , read her interview . Thank you so much for sharing your love of fabric with us! These are the fat quarters ready to ship to the lucky winner!! Giveaway Rules! +Our Giveaway will run May 23-27, 2011, with the winner being announced May 28, 2011! +The winner will be selected by Random.org +The package will be shipped to the winner by May 30, 2011. + To enter to win post a comment on this blog post! +Only one comment please per person. +This giveaway is open to everyone. +Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS, you can leave it as: leah(dot)sewspoiled(at)gamil(dot)com +This giveaway ends May 27, 2011 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time Thank you Ruth for sponsoring our May giveaway from Sew Love ...

Sweet Coin Purse Tutorial for Teacher Gifts

This time of year is so special to me because I get to show my gratitude for all of the hard work that goes into teaching my daughters. I love to make handmade gifts and this year is no exception. Since money does not grow on trees around here, I looked at my stash (I keep my scraps in hat boxes ) and tried to see what I had a lot of; small zippers, trims, Peltex strips ( from making iPad cases ), fabric scraps and some hardware for key fobs. So I set to work.  Materials: Plastic multipurpose 5" Zipper  Fabric Scraps Lightweight interfacing 808 Pellon Trims (We clipped  key fobs  with 1.5" swivel hooks onto our coin purses . There are tons of tutorials on making key fobs .) Step 1: Print out the Coin Purse Template  PDF.  Cut 2 main fabric, cut 2 lining and 2 interfacing using the template.  Optional: Cut a 2"X2" square of your choice main fabric or lining. This strip of fabric is used to clip a key fob to your coin purse later....

Sew Spoiled May Giveaway for 2 Patchwork Pincushions!!!!

Patchwork Pincushions Originally uploaded by Sew Spoiled I am starting a new May Giveaway along with my friends at Sew Mama Sew for both of these beautiful patchwork pincushions!!! That is right two giveaways!!! All you have to do is post a comment on this post to enter to win! This giveaway will run through midnight on May 31, 2009 with the winners being announced on June 1, 2009. The two winners will be chosen using Random.org. I will send it priority mail by June 3, 2009! I will ship internationally, so all friends are welcome. Summer is almost here!! Good luck and Happy Sewing!!!