Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Maxi Skirt

I whipped this maxi skirt up in about the time it took the kids to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. The top is my A-line skirt pattern with the bottom not flaring out. I did make it with a lining, partly because I think it is so cool to be able to and because I used the white Amy Butler's, Forget Me Not in sugar, from her Cameo collection
Once I finished  the skirt, I realized I needed more room to move freely. I could take small steps but I am a music teacher during the day, I have to move! So I took out the side seam of the main fabric and the lining. Then I pinned and stitched the two together. 
I love my new skirt. It is so much fun to wear fabric that I love! 

3 comments:

Corrine said...

Dear Leah, you are the cutest in your new skirt. It looks very comfortable and very professional. I did not have a hip music teacher, he looked like Albert Einstein and smelled like a rabbit. Good times!

Elli Chase Designs said...

Very Cute!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 4 post on Sep. 12, 2012. Thanks again.