Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Coco Shirt from Tilly and the Buttons

Coco Shirt with funnel neck
After sewing garments for myself last summer and loving every minute of selfish sewing, I have discovered how much I love to wear clothes that are especially made for me. I feel more comfortable in garments I sew. I choose to wear my handmade wardrobe pieces more than store bought clothes because they fit better which makes me feel more confident. The Coco sewing pattern from Tilly and the Buttons is so versatile. You can make a cute top or dress using this easy pattern. There are also different options for the collar, either boat neck or funnel roll. I had trouble deciding, so I made both a dress with the boat neck collar and a top with the funnel neck collar. I love 3/4 sleeves, so I kept that the same. After making the dress in a size 3 (35" bust size), I realized that it was a little to big. I made the Coco shirt in a size 2 (Bust 33") and it was the perfect fit for my 34" bust! The Coco shirt is definitely another wardrobe staple in my closet. I can wear it with skinny jeans, black pants or a pencil skirt. The only draw back is with a funnel neck line only cardigan sweaters or jackets work to layer. I truly love this pattern I am sure you will see more Coco garments in the future.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Cute top!

Leah Williams said...

Thanks, I appreciate you stopping by! Can't wait to make more!