Skip to main content

Sewing Spring Kid's Clothes

I have been sewing new spring clothes for both of my daughter's wardrobes. Here are a few new articles of clothing we have added this week. First, I made these simple Yoga Skirts. This pattern was featured on Sew Mama Sew's Blog and is available as a free pattern for kids and adults. I am definitely making myself one, once I find the right fabric. 
Here are my girls putting their feet into the pool. 
It has been warm here but not warm enough to swim.
Here is a cute pattern I found on Etsy, it is available on YCMT too. It is called the Boardwalk Ruffle Dress by Monkey's Bug. I like the look of the dress and it was simple to piece together, however in the pattern it has you finish the armholes and then the sides of the ruffle sleeve seperately, so once you sew the two together it is a little bulky. 
This is a t-shirt dress. The girls love to go into a fabric store with me because I let them pick out one yard and we make a t-shirt dress together. It is a fun way to get them excited about fabric. Usually they carry the fabric all the way home in the car. I wanted to share a tip I found while making a t-shirt tunic and I tried with this dress. I fused a strip of interfacing (.5" wide) around the edge of the t-shirt before sewing the fabric to it. Sewing the knit fabric of the t-shirt was a breeze because the knit did not shift or move. 
No yucky puckers in the dress seam!

What are you making and creating? I love hearing from you, so share what's new in your sewing life?

Comments

celkalee said…
Oh Leah, those little skirts are so cute. Don't you just love the vibrant fabrics out now? What a great idea to sew the interfacing to the T shirt before attaching the woven fabric. I am making some summer weight PJ's, a needle case, and have two totally stalled quilts for children. Too many things at one time. Need to focus.

Popular posts from this blog

May 2011 Giveaway!

Thank you Sew Mama Sew for making today, May 23, 2011 Giveaway Day! Sew Love Fabrics will be sponsoring this month’s giveaway with eight fat quarters (18”X 22”) of Prince Charming prints in olive green, equaling 2 yards of gorgeous fabrics! If you would like to read more about Ruth, founder of Sew Love Fabrics , read her interview . Thank you so much for sharing your love of fabric with us! These are the fat quarters ready to ship to the lucky winner!! Giveaway Rules! +Our Giveaway will run May 23-27, 2011, with the winner being announced May 28, 2011! +The winner will be selected by Random.org +The package will be shipped to the winner by May 30, 2011. + To enter to win post a comment on this blog post! +Only one comment please per person. +This giveaway is open to everyone. +Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS, you can leave it as: leah(dot)sewspoiled(at)gamil(dot)com +This giveaway ends May 27, 2011 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time Thank you Ruth for sponsoring our May giveaway from Sew Love ...

Sweet Coin Purse Tutorial for Teacher Gifts

This time of year is so special to me because I get to show my gratitude for all of the hard work that goes into teaching my daughters. I love to make handmade gifts and this year is no exception. Since money does not grow on trees around here, I looked at my stash (I keep my scraps in hat boxes ) and tried to see what I had a lot of; small zippers, trims, Peltex strips ( from making iPad cases ), fabric scraps and some hardware for key fobs. So I set to work.  Materials: Plastic multipurpose 5" Zipper  Fabric Scraps Lightweight interfacing 808 Pellon Trims (We clipped  key fobs  with 1.5" swivel hooks onto our coin purses . There are tons of tutorials on making key fobs .) Step 1: Print out the Coin Purse Template  PDF.  Cut 2 main fabric, cut 2 lining and 2 interfacing using the template.  Optional: Cut a 2"X2" square of your choice main fabric or lining. This strip of fabric is used to clip a key fob to your coin purse later....

Sew Spoiled May Giveaway for 2 Patchwork Pincushions!!!!

Patchwork Pincushions Originally uploaded by Sew Spoiled I am starting a new May Giveaway along with my friends at Sew Mama Sew for both of these beautiful patchwork pincushions!!! That is right two giveaways!!! All you have to do is post a comment on this post to enter to win! This giveaway will run through midnight on May 31, 2009 with the winners being announced on June 1, 2009. The two winners will be chosen using Random.org. I will send it priority mail by June 3, 2009! I will ship internationally, so all friends are welcome. Summer is almost here!! Good luck and Happy Sewing!!!