While I was there I picked up a few simple tips for embroidering and I am going to share them with you.
- Tip #1: Set your self up for success! Make sure you have all the thread colors you need, scissors are close and interfacing.
- Tip #2: The denser your embroidery design is, the firmer your stabilizer should be.
- Tip #3: Change your needle often! A blunt needle can ruin your embroidery design and you will have to start all over again.
- Tip# 4: Test your design on a scrap piece of fabric before placing it on the final project. This is especial true if you have not used the design ever before. Sometimes it looks great on the computer screen but is totally different in the hoop.
- Tip #5: You do not have to hoop everything! Place your firm interfacing into the hoop, spray with adhesive spray and place your fabric over the hoop. (Now no hoop-burn!)
- Tip #6: The most important tip, share your love of sewing with friends. We had hours of fun together catching up and playing with fabrics and fibers.