Skip to main content

Sew Spoiled iPad Folding Case epattern!!

The best iPad case just got better. Now you can make your own!! Just go to Sew Spoiled's Shop and buy your own iPad epattern to sew your case! The iPad folding case is a new Sew Spoiled design. It is designed to protect the iPad and give the user a stand all in one! The cover has 3 different stabilizers inserted in between the soft exterior and lining. This ensures protection against dirt, bumps and grit. When in use flip the cover over and slip the strap into the loop, pull the strap until the front cover meets the loop. Now the iPad folding case is ready for action! Play your favorite games, surf the net or write on your blog. The iPad is held in 4 frames. Two are elastic at the top, this gives the user easy access to the headphone jack, screen rotation lock and power button. The iPad folding case has 2 different angles, one for typing and a second to rest on your table or desk (for picture slide shows or looking through a recipe on the kitchen counter).

These will make great gifts for any occasion! 
Finished Size: 8”w x 10”
Focus Fabric: Fat Quarter 18” x 22”
Lining Fabric: Fat Quarter 18” x 22”
Light weight interfacing: ½ Yard
Fusible Fleece: 6 ½”w x 5”h
Extra Firm interfacing: ½ Yard
Elastic: 8”
Masonite 1- 8” x 10” piece
42 Pictures
10 Easy Steps
Full Size Templates!
3.8 MB in size
Tested and approved!
Happy Sewing!

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the pattern and the desire to do it yourself. Isit your pattern I see on etsy.com? I would like to make one for my Pocketbook IQ 701 which is 7.56 by 5.67 by 0.55 inches. What are the chances of getting a scaled down pattern for the pocketbook iq? I would be happy to post a review and link in our user community once I have puchased and sewn the pattern.
Arlene's Bags said…
I bought this pattern last Wednesday and since then have made 2 cases. I made one for an Ipad 2 and one for my Motorola Xoom. The directions are great and easy to follow. And the end results, 2 cases, are also great!
Misty Makes said…
I'm thinking of buying the pattern. but was wondering, What is masonite?Is it the stuff some binders are made of? Or can I buy it at Michaels or Joannes? I'm trying to figure out (once I buy the pattern and all the materials) if its cheaper to make my own case or buy one at a store.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the Sun Mermaid Tutorial

Sewing Materials: 1/4 yard of Lycra or  5T or larger old swimsuit Thread Stretch Needle (helps) Sewing Machine and Sewing Notions Print the PDF patterns pieces out and tape them together. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 1: Cutting Layout-  Place the templates over the fabric and cut. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 2:   Fold the top edges of the mermaid tail and sew across. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 3: Place the mermaid tale pieces right sides together. Sew around the mermaid tail using the stretch stitch, it looks like a bolt of lighting. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 4: Flip the mermaid tail right side out using a chopstick.   Option: You can add Poly-fil to make the end of the tale puffy.   Set aside. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Bodice   Step 1: Cut a bodice measuring  4.5” X1.5” or use template. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 2: Fold the bodice right sides together and sew the  short ends making a loop. Use the edge of the presser foot for your seam a

How to Line an A-Line Skirt Tutorial

 After you find an A-line skirt pattern , I am using  One Yard Wonders 101  template . Make a muslin of your skirt! It only takes a few minutes to make a muslin version. Just baste stitch the side seams and make adjustments for your hips. Once your template is right you can make all the skirts your heart desires, so it is important to get the perfect fit first. Now we are ready to cut the "good" fabric and sew! ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- Flip the skirt right side out and put it on!! You are done!! It is super easy and your new skirt will look store made.  Plus there is no hand stitching the lining to the main fabric. If you have any questions please comment below or email me at leah.sewspoiled@gmail.com .  WooHooo!! A-Line Skirt Pattern Finds

Sweet Coin Purse Tutorial for Teacher Gifts

This time of year is so special to me because I get to show my gratitude for all of the hard work that goes into teaching my daughters. I love to make handmade gifts and this year is no exception. Since money does not grow on trees around here, I looked at my stash (I keep my scraps in hat boxes ) and tried to see what I had a lot of; small zippers, trims, Peltex strips ( from making iPad cases ), fabric scraps and some hardware for key fobs. So I set to work.  Materials: Plastic multipurpose 5" Zipper  Fabric Scraps Lightweight interfacing 808 Pellon Trims (We clipped  key fobs  with 1.5" swivel hooks onto our coin purses . There are tons of tutorials on making key fobs .) Step 1: Print out the Coin Purse Template  PDF.  Cut 2 main fabric, cut 2 lining and 2 interfacing using the template.  Optional: Cut a 2"X2" square of your choice main fabric or lining. This strip of fabric is used to clip a key fob to your coin purse later. We used a 1.5