Skip to main content

I meant to do that? Pajama Bloomers!


Just wanted you to know what really happen when I the PJ pants for this project. So many times I get crazy ideas in my head and they never seem to go the way I plan them to. That is usually when I learn something new. I chose a directional print for this project and I had only 2 yards! Oops! Big mistake, right, when I went to cut the pattern shape out I saw that in order to do it like the book half of my pants would have the fabric print going upside down. That is when I thought it was a lost cause, no jammies for me. Sitting back for a while I figured out a solution to the problem! I cut the 2 yards in half and cut out each panel (2-front and 2-back) placing the top of the template as close to the edge as possible. Then folding the template pant leg up to make capri length pajamas. I followed most of the directions in the book except I made a 1" wide casing for the ribbon. I also used my button foot to make holes for the ribbon to thread through. However, I learned a new way to make a hole in the casing when I made the cute drawstring bag but if you want to learn that trick you really should read the book, Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross.
went to cut out the
So you see, I meant to do that ;)
Happy Sewing!
Leah

Comments

Adria said…
My daughter loves to wear her pajams inside out or backwards. Theres no reason for them to be perfect just to sleep in. All Spring Break she wears pjs!!
Sew Spoiled said…
That is awesome! I am thinking about being like your little one this summer and hang out in pjs!! Coffee, pjs, blogging, and sewing, these are some of my favorite things!:)
Leigh said…
You are amazing. Boo loved her pj's and took them with her to camp this week. It was the first thing she packed. What a wonderfully talented woman you are. Thank you for your wonderful "sew spoiled" self.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the Sun Mermaid Tutorial

Sewing Materials: 1/4 yard of Lycra or  5T or larger old swimsuit Thread Stretch Needle (helps) Sewing Machine and Sewing Notions Print the PDF patterns pieces out and tape them together. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 1: Cutting Layout-  Place the templates over the fabric and cut. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 2:   Fold the top edges of the mermaid tail and sew across. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 3: Place the mermaid tale pieces right sides together. Sew around the mermaid tail using the stretch stitch, it looks like a bolt of lighting. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 4: Flip the mermaid tail right side out using a chopstick.   Option: You can add Poly-fil to make the end of the tale puffy.   Set aside. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Bodice   Step 1: Cut a bodice measuring  4.5” X1.5” or use template. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 2: Fold the bodice right sides together and sew the  short ends making a loop. Use the edge of the presser foot for your seam a

How to Line an A-Line Skirt Tutorial

 After you find an A-line skirt pattern , I am using  One Yard Wonders 101  template . Make a muslin of your skirt! It only takes a few minutes to make a muslin version. Just baste stitch the side seams and make adjustments for your hips. Once your template is right you can make all the skirts your heart desires, so it is important to get the perfect fit first. Now we are ready to cut the "good" fabric and sew! ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- Flip the skirt right side out and put it on!! You are done!! It is super easy and your new skirt will look store made.  Plus there is no hand stitching the lining to the main fabric. If you have any questions please comment below or email me at leah.sewspoiled@gmail.com .  WooHooo!! A-Line Skirt Pattern Finds

Sweet Coin Purse Tutorial for Teacher Gifts

This time of year is so special to me because I get to show my gratitude for all of the hard work that goes into teaching my daughters. I love to make handmade gifts and this year is no exception. Since money does not grow on trees around here, I looked at my stash (I keep my scraps in hat boxes ) and tried to see what I had a lot of; small zippers, trims, Peltex strips ( from making iPad cases ), fabric scraps and some hardware for key fobs. So I set to work.  Materials: Plastic multipurpose 5" Zipper  Fabric Scraps Lightweight interfacing 808 Pellon Trims (We clipped  key fobs  with 1.5" swivel hooks onto our coin purses . There are tons of tutorials on making key fobs .) Step 1: Print out the Coin Purse Template  PDF.  Cut 2 main fabric, cut 2 lining and 2 interfacing using the template.  Optional: Cut a 2"X2" square of your choice main fabric or lining. This strip of fabric is used to clip a key fob to your coin purse later. We used a 1.5