Skip to main content

Give Your Library Bag Some Character

Start with a character from a children's book. My oldest enjoys Judy Moody, so we used one of her books to make the character design. Coloring books work well for tracing images because you need an image with one color. At the back of this activity book there was a picture of Judy Moody for kids to make their own t-shirts.
After tracing the picture with Silhouette, we wrote "I heart books" and flipped the image. We were ready to cut it out. 
Silhouette does all the work. Set your Silhouette to a slow speed (2-3) and thickness (3-4) for best results.
We took off the excess vinyl and this is what we were left with...
Iron the image down to the face of the bag. Make sure your iron has no water inside it and you are on the highest heat setting you have. Press directly on top of the plastic. I know the first time I did this I thought it was crazy and it went against every fiber of my being but you have to do it!
We added a bow and button for fun.
Don't forget to read with your kids.
Have fun creating! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 2011 Giveaway!

Thank you Sew Mama Sew for making today, May 23, 2011 Giveaway Day! Sew Love Fabrics will be sponsoring this month’s giveaway with eight fat quarters (18”X 22”) of Prince Charming prints in olive green, equaling 2 yards of gorgeous fabrics! If you would like to read more about Ruth, founder of Sew Love Fabrics , read her interview . Thank you so much for sharing your love of fabric with us! These are the fat quarters ready to ship to the lucky winner!! Giveaway Rules! +Our Giveaway will run May 23-27, 2011, with the winner being announced May 28, 2011! +The winner will be selected by Random.org +The package will be shipped to the winner by May 30, 2011. + To enter to win post a comment on this blog post! +Only one comment please per person. +This giveaway is open to everyone. +Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS, you can leave it as: leah(dot)sewspoiled(at)gamil(dot)com +This giveaway ends May 27, 2011 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time Thank you Ruth for sponsoring our May giveaway from Sew Love ...

Sweet Coin Purse Tutorial for Teacher Gifts

This time of year is so special to me because I get to show my gratitude for all of the hard work that goes into teaching my daughters. I love to make handmade gifts and this year is no exception. Since money does not grow on trees around here, I looked at my stash (I keep my scraps in hat boxes ) and tried to see what I had a lot of; small zippers, trims, Peltex strips ( from making iPad cases ), fabric scraps and some hardware for key fobs. So I set to work.  Materials: Plastic multipurpose 5" Zipper  Fabric Scraps Lightweight interfacing 808 Pellon Trims (We clipped  key fobs  with 1.5" swivel hooks onto our coin purses . There are tons of tutorials on making key fobs .) Step 1: Print out the Coin Purse Template  PDF.  Cut 2 main fabric, cut 2 lining and 2 interfacing using the template.  Optional: Cut a 2"X2" square of your choice main fabric or lining. This strip of fabric is used to clip a key fob to your coin purse later....

Sew Spoiled May Giveaway for 2 Patchwork Pincushions!!!!

Patchwork Pincushions Originally uploaded by Sew Spoiled I am starting a new May Giveaway along with my friends at Sew Mama Sew for both of these beautiful patchwork pincushions!!! That is right two giveaways!!! All you have to do is post a comment on this post to enter to win! This giveaway will run through midnight on May 31, 2009 with the winners being announced on June 1, 2009. The two winners will be chosen using Random.org. I will send it priority mail by June 3, 2009! I will ship internationally, so all friends are welcome. Summer is almost here!! Good luck and Happy Sewing!!!