Skip to main content

Life Travels to Fast, Enjoy it!

 Hello Friends,

I have been away but for very good reasons. Last October  I found out I had grade 1 invasive ductal carcinoma, stage 1A breast cancer. It is curable and treatable. I am ok! However, that is because we found it early. Please make sure you check yourself and if you find something do not wait. Put your health first and get a 3D mammogram! 

I found these socks on Amazon and loved wearing them to radiation.

I also took my band to Disney World. We had a blast performing down there in the Imagination Workshop Campus and of course, riding all of the rides at Disney and Epcot.

This summer I have been relaxing and starting a new adventure with Poshmark. Poshmark is a website that lets you post listings for free and they get paid when you get paid. I have started to place items in my shop. I would love for you to follow my store. A buyer can make an offer on an item and the seller can counter it or accept your offer. I have had great experiences as a buyer and so I signed up to be a seller. I like that Postmark is the mediator between seller and buyer and they protect both parties. When you purchase an item the money is pending until you accept your product once it is shipped, arrives and you inspect it.  

I will be listing sewing patterns as well as clothes. I have 2 Modkids patterns currently posted. By the time I was ready to make these patterns, my girls were too big. The sizes are 2T- 7. 
Well, I am going to look for more sewing patterns and items to put in my Poshmark store. 
Have a great week!
Best wishes and tons of stitches!
Leah

Comments

Horia said…
Thanks for being a positive influence in the digital space, making it a better place.
Sol said…
Thank you for being a positive force in the online space, spreading inspiration.
Rashmi Sachdev said…
Are you looking for reliable oxygen gas cylinders? Axcel Gases offers top-quality cylinders for various applications. You get safe, efficient, and dependable oxygen storage solutions. Contact us for your industrial, medical, or specialty gas needs.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the Sun Mermaid Tutorial

Sewing Materials: 1/4 yard of Lycra or  5T or larger old swimsuit Thread Stretch Needle (helps) Sewing Machine and Sewing Notions Print the PDF patterns pieces out and tape them together. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 1: Cutting Layout-  Place the templates over the fabric and cut. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 2:   Fold the top edges of the mermaid tail and sew across. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 3: Place the mermaid tale pieces right sides together. Sew around the mermaid tail using the stretch stitch, it looks like a bolt of lighting. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 4: Flip the mermaid tail right side out using a chopstick.   Option: You can add Poly-fil to make the end of the tale puffy.   Set aside. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Bodice   Step 1: Cut a bodice measuring  4.5” X1.5” or use template. ✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄✄ ✄✄✄✄ ✄✄ Step 2: Fold the bodice right sides together and sew the  short ends making a loop. Use the edge of the presser foot for your seam a

How to Line an A-Line Skirt Tutorial

 After you find an A-line skirt pattern , I am using  One Yard Wonders 101  template . Make a muslin of your skirt! It only takes a few minutes to make a muslin version. Just baste stitch the side seams and make adjustments for your hips. Once your template is right you can make all the skirts your heart desires, so it is important to get the perfect fit first. Now we are ready to cut the "good" fabric and sew! ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- Flip the skirt right side out and put it on!! You are done!! It is super easy and your new skirt will look store made.  Plus there is no hand stitching the lining to the main fabric. If you have any questions please comment below or email me at leah.sewspoiled@gmail.com .  WooHooo!! A-Line Skirt Pattern Finds

Sweet Coin Purse Tutorial for Teacher Gifts

This time of year is so special to me because I get to show my gratitude for all of the hard work that goes into teaching my daughters. I love to make handmade gifts and this year is no exception. Since money does not grow on trees around here, I looked at my stash (I keep my scraps in hat boxes ) and tried to see what I had a lot of; small zippers, trims, Peltex strips ( from making iPad cases ), fabric scraps and some hardware for key fobs. So I set to work.  Materials: Plastic multipurpose 5" Zipper  Fabric Scraps Lightweight interfacing 808 Pellon Trims (We clipped  key fobs  with 1.5" swivel hooks onto our coin purses . There are tons of tutorials on making key fobs .) Step 1: Print out the Coin Purse Template  PDF.  Cut 2 main fabric, cut 2 lining and 2 interfacing using the template.  Optional: Cut a 2"X2" square of your choice main fabric or lining. This strip of fabric is used to clip a key fob to your coin purse later. We used a 1.5